Re: Mail server, what else?

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 16, 2013
      On 07/13/2013 02:35 PM, Peter wrote:
      > On 07/13/2013 11:15 AM, J Gao wrote:
      >> http://vault.centos.org/6.4/os/Source/SPackages/postfix-2.6.6-2.2.el6_1.src.rpm
      >>

      >> And patched with quota patch.
      >
      > That's brilliant, now you can't get support for it anywhere.
      >
      > You don't need to patch postfix to get quotas, dovecot 2 has a policy
      > daemon that plugs right into postfix for that now.
      >
      > Seriously, go to Dovecot and get a newer version of postfix. It is
      > well worth it just to get postscreen support (which requires version
      > 2.8 or higher), and you really don't need to be patching it.

      Fairly current postfix packages for RHEL are available from several
      sources - we've been using postfix 2.8.8 on RHEL 6 here.

      Joe
    • Kirill Bychkov
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 16, 2013

        Hi,

        14.07.2013 0:17 пользователь "Bastian Blank" <bastian+postfix-users=postfix.org@...> написал:

        > On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:55:00AM -0700, J Gao wrote:
        > > Now I would like your advises on my system so I can improve it more.
        > > Here is my mail server system:
        > > - CentOS 6.4 64bit (SELinux disabled), iptables is in action.
        >
        > Enterprisey. Well.
        >
        > > - Apache, MySql, PHP
        >
        > What for? If at all use nginx mit php-fpm and mariadb.
        >
        > > - Postfix 2.6.6
        >
        > Not longer supported here. Get a current version.
        >
        > > -                 Courier(Support virtual domain)
        >
        > Use Dovecot.
        >
        > > - MailScanner with ClamAV and Spamassassin(with pyzor/rozor2/DCC)
        >
        > This _will_ eat your mail for breakfast. Use amavisd-new.
        >
        > > - Fail2ban (SSH, RoundCube, SASL)
        >
        > Self-DoS.
        What is Self-DoS? What does you mean?

        > > - SPF, OpenDKIM, DMARC
        >
        > Why?
        >
        > > - RoundCube webmail
        >
        > Not on the same machine.
        >
        > Bastian
        >
        > --
        > Virtue is a relative term.
        >                 -- Spock, "Friday's Child", stardate 3499.1

      • LuKreme
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 16, 2013
          On 16 Jul 2013, at 14:03 , Kirill Bychkov <kirill.bychkov@...> wrote:
          > What is Self-DoS? What does you mean?

          A self inflicted Denial of Service.

          sort of like when you ping flood yourself…

          --
          Can't seem to face up to the facts
          Tense and nervous and I can't relax