Re: bounce departed users email

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2013
      On 7/12/2013 4:44 PM, Donny Brooks wrote:
      > We run postfix 2.6.6 on a CentOS 6.3 server with a OpenLDAP 2.4.23 as a backend. Up until recently when a user would depart the agency we would just change their password and forward their email to their supervisor. However today we have had a user that has left that gets literally over a thousand "coupon" emails a day. We need to stop this user from receiving emails altogether.
      >
      > Temporarily I have removed the users ldap account completely and it appears that emails are indeed bouncing with a error 550 5.1.1 like I want. Any idea how to accomplish this without totally removing the users account?

      I find the "relocated" feature useful for this.
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relocated_maps

      # main.cf
      relocated_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relocated

      The relocated table is a list of recipients to reject and a comment,
      usually a new email address, but the comment can be anything.

      # relocated
      previous_resident@... user@...
      ## or if you don't have a new address,
      former_user@... unknown -- 12-07-2013

      You can also use a check_recipient_access map in your
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions list, but for this purpose I find the
      relocated table easier.

      You can also add the former recipient to the transport map pointing
      to the error: transport, but I find the relocated table easier for
      this purpose.