bounce departed users email

  • Donny Brooks
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2013
      We run postfix 2.6.6 on a CentOS 6.3 server with a OpenLDAP 2.4.23 as a backend. Up until recently when a user would depart the agency we would just change their password and forward their email to their supervisor. However today we have had a user that has left that gets literally over a thousand "coupon" emails a day. We need to stop this user from receiving emails altogether.

      Temporarily I have removed the users ldap account completely and it appears that emails are indeed bouncing with a error 550 5.1.1 like I want. Any idea how to accomplish this without totally removing the users account?

      --

      Donny B.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2013
        On 7/12/2013 4:44 PM, Donny Brooks wrote:
        > We run postfix 2.6.6 on a CentOS 6.3 server with a OpenLDAP 2.4.23 as a backend. Up until recently when a user would depart the agency we would just change their password and forward their email to their supervisor. However today we have had a user that has left that gets literally over a thousand "coupon" emails a day. We need to stop this user from receiving emails altogether.
        >
        > Temporarily I have removed the users ldap account completely and it appears that emails are indeed bouncing with a error 550 5.1.1 like I want. Any idea how to accomplish this without totally removing the users account?

        I find the "relocated" feature useful for this.
        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relocated_maps

        # main.cf
        relocated_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relocated

        The relocated table is a list of recipients to reject and a comment,
        usually a new email address, but the comment can be anything.

        # relocated
        previous_resident@... user@...
        ## or if you don't have a new address,
        former_user@... unknown -- 12-07-2013

        You can also use a check_recipient_access map in your
        smtpd_recipient_restrictions list, but for this purpose I find the
        relocated table easier.

        You can also add the former recipient to the transport map pointing
        to the error: transport, but I find the relocated table easier for
        this purpose.