Re: bad_sender_restrictions and baddomain_restrictions, working together

  • Feel Zhou
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 11, 2013
      Hello, my friend
      smtpd_sender_restrictions =
        check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_reject_addr_check,
        check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/enforce_ip_match_domain
      If setting like this in main.cf, maybe "IP_match_domain" restrictions do not working
      what do you think?
      TOM

      2013/7/11 Feel Zhou <feelzhou@...>
      Thanks Noel Jones

      old setting of mine is

      smtpd_sender_restrictions =
          check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/enforce_ip_match_domain
          check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_reject_addr_check

      you are right, I need to change it
      Thanks
      Tom

      2013/7/11 Noel Jones <njones@...>
      On 7/10/2013 9:30 PM, Feel Zhou wrote:
      > Thanks
      > firsttime,setting bad user
      >
      > /etc/postfix/main.cf <http://main.cf>
      >     smtpd_sender_restrictions =
      >         check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_
      > reject_addr_check
      > /etc/postfix/sender_reject_addr_check
      >     baduser@... <mailto:baduser@...> REJECT
      >
      > It's working well, baduser will be reject, after that, setting
      > "IP_match_domain" restrictions
      >
      > /etc/postfix/main.cf <http://main.cf>
      >     smtpd_sender_restrictions =
      >         check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/enforce_ip_
      > match_domain
      >     smtpd_restriction_classes =
      >         example
      >     example = check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/example.domain
      >         reject
      > /etc/postfix/enforce_ip_match_domain
      >     IP    example
      > /etc/postfix/example.domain
      >     example.com <http://example.com>    OK
      >
      > Then This IP only can use @example.com <http://example.com> as the
      > sender address, at this time, can not reject baduser@...
      > <mailto:baduser@...> send mail. If I disable
      > "IP_match_domain" restrictions, It's working again. So, I really
      > want these two restrictions working together
      >
      > Thank you very much
      > Tom

      Combine the two, like this:

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 11, 2013
        On 7/11/2013 9:32 AM, Feel Zhou wrote:
        > Hello, my friend
        > smtpd_sender_restrictions =
        > check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_reject_addr_check,
        > check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/enforce_ip_match_domain
        > If setting like this in main.cf <http://main.cf>, maybe
        > "IP_match_domain" restrictions do not working
        > what do you think?
        > TOM

        [Please don't top post, and use plain-text only, no HTML. Thanks]

        Yes, it will work, unless you've made some other change not shown.

        If you need more help, please see

        When asking for help, always show your "postconf -n" output and
        related postfix logging demonstrating the problem.