Re: Block before Recipient address rejected: User unknown?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2013
      Juerg Reimann:
      > Hi everybody,
      >
      > Is there a way to reject a certain sender email address before he
      > gets a 550 5.1.1 <em@i.l>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown?
      > When I add the sender to header_check, he still gets first the
      > User unknown reject when he sends to an unknown user...

      http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html#timing

      Wietse

      DELAYED EVALUATION OF SMTP ACCESS RESTRICTION LISTS

      Early Postfix versions evaluated SMTP access restrictions lists as
      early as possible. The client restriction list was evaluated before
      Postfix sent the "220 $myhostname..." greeting banner to the SMTP
      client, the helo restriction list was evaluated before Postfix
      replied to the HELO (EHLO) command, the sender restriction list was
      evaluated before Postfix replied to the MAIL FROM command, and so
      on. This approach turned out to be difficult to use.

      Current Postfix versions postpone the evaluation of client, helo
      and sender restriction lists until the RCPT TO or ETRN command.