Block before Recipient address rejected: User unknown?

  • Juerg Reimann
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11 5:30 AM
      Hi everybody,

      Is there a way to reject a certain sender email address before he gets a 550 5.1.1 <em@i.l>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown? When I add the sender to header_check, he still gets first the User unknown reject when he sends to an unknown user...

      Thanks,
      Juerg
    • Wolfgang Zeikat
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11 5:41 AM
        On 2013-07-11 14:30, Juerg Reimann wrote:
        > Is there a way to reject a certain sender email address before he
        > gets a 550 5.1.1 <em@i.l>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown?
        > When I add the sender to header_check, he still gets first the User
        > unknown reject when he sends to an unknown user...

        See
        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#check_sender_access
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11 5:56 AM
          Juerg Reimann:
          > Hi everybody,
          >
          > Is there a way to reject a certain sender email address before he
          > gets a 550 5.1.1 <em@i.l>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown?
          > When I add the sender to header_check, he still gets first the
          > User unknown reject when he sends to an unknown user...

          http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html#timing

          Wietse

          DELAYED EVALUATION OF SMTP ACCESS RESTRICTION LISTS

          Early Postfix versions evaluated SMTP access restrictions lists as
          early as possible. The client restriction list was evaluated before
          Postfix sent the "220 $myhostname..." greeting banner to the SMTP
          client, the helo restriction list was evaluated before Postfix
          replied to the HELO (EHLO) command, the sender restriction list was
          evaluated before Postfix replied to the MAIL FROM command, and so
          on. This approach turned out to be difficult to use.

          Current Postfix versions postpone the evaluation of client, helo
          and sender restriction lists until the RCPT TO or ETRN command.