Differing auth based on sender

  • John Charles
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2013
      I have one remote SMTP server I want to relay mail through, but connect to it using differing credentials based on sender; using Postfix 2.3

      My relevant main.cf is:

       relayhost =
       smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = yes
       sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relayhost_maps
       #sender_dependent_default_transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
       smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
       smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = AUTH LOGIN
       smtp_sasl_security_options =

      relayhost_maps:

       @...   [secure.mailrelay.com]
       @...   [secure.mailrelay.com]

      sasl_passwd:

       @...   user@...:passwordA
    • John Charles
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2013
        Eek, apologies for the double-post, accidently hit shift-enter before I completed the message.

        I have one remote SMTP server I want to relay mail through, but connect to it using differing credentials based on sender; using Postfix 2.3. My relevant files are below, but the relay host is rejecting my mail as it doesn't seem to be getting the login credentials from my postfix instance. Do I need to upgrade to Postfix 2.7 and utilize "sender_dependent_default_transport_maps" ?

        main.cf:

         relayhost =
         smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = yes
         sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relayhost_maps
         #sender_dependent_default_transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
         smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
         smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = AUTH LOGIN
         smtp_sasl_security_options =

        relayhost_maps:

         @...   [secure.mailrelay.com]
         @...   [secure.mailrelay.com]

        sasl_passwd:

         @...   userA@...:passwordA
         @...   userB@...:passwordB

        Thanks,
        John C
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2013
          John Charles:
          > Eek, apologies for the double-post, accidently hit shift-enter before I completed the message.
          >

          > I have one remote SMTP server I want to relay mail through, but
          > connect to it using differing credentials based on sender; using
          > Postfix 2.3. My relevant files are below, but the relay host is
          > rejecting my mail as it doesn't seem to be getting the login
          > credentials from my postfix instance. Do I need to upgrade to
          > Postfix 2.7 and utilize "sender_dependent_default_transport_maps"
          > ?

          No, but you might want to upgrade and use smtp_sender_dependent_authentication