Re: Use a different smtp_bind_address for fallback

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 10, 2013
      On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:32:19AM +0530, Ram wrote:

      > I guess I understand that. But I think the requirement would be
      > reasonable If I have 2 networks I may need to have different bind
      > addresses.

      The code that implements smtp_bind_address is in smtp_connect_addr()
      in src/smtp/smtp_connect.c. The sensible implementation of what
      you describe is a table lookup by nexthop destination that yields
      the appropriate bind address. You'd need open the table in pre-jail
      initialization in src/smtp/smtp.c.

      main.cf:
      smtp_bind_address_maps = ${indexed}bind_addr

      bind_addr:
      ipv4:[smtp.example.net]:587 192.0.2.1
      ipv6:[smtp.example.com]:587 2001:db8::1

      The lookup key would be <protocol>:<nexthop>. Demand for this would
      be relatively narrow. I am not sure this warrants a new feature in
      the official Postfix release.