Re: Backup mx on cable

  • btb@...
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 9, 2013
      On Jul 9, 2013, at 21.56, Fred Zinsli <fred.zinsli@...> wrote:

      > This is something I hadn't considered at all.
      > In order for me to better understand the consequences of my actions are
      > you able to explain to me why that is the case, and what situation would
      > need to arise for that to happen. Or simply point me to the appropriate
      > articles so I can read and investigate this.
      >
      > It is looking more and more like I should be leasing another VPS server to
      > host my backup DNS and MX.

      honestly, i simply wouldn't bother with a backup mx. what is the actual problem you're trying to solve by running a backup mx? the contemporary internet is remarkably well connected - the days in which the truly practical application of a backup mx were back when hosts/sites often spent the majority of their time disconnected from the internet.

      -ben