Re: Send email for users from any location

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2013
      On 07/09/2013 05:13 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
      > 212.179.241.14 is the address where my desktop is located, and bzq-*
      > obviously by the name refers to my ISP (Bezeq). It seems that even
      > with submission enabled, Postfix wants the IP address whitelisted in
      > "mydomains". I don't even see in the logs that Postfix bothered
      > checking the submission credentials, it rejected bases on IP address
      > before even getting that far.

      This simply means that either your email client is not correctly
      configured to send SASL AUTH credentials, or postfix is not correctly
      configured to receive them. There is more to SASL AUTH than just
      enabling submission. See http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html for
      more info.

      > What else must be configured to remove the IP address whitelist and go
      > right to the submission credentials check?

      You can remove permit_mynetworks if you want, there is nothing wrong
      with this, but it won't solve your problem, your problem is what I
      stated above.

      > http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html
      > http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixAndDovecotSASL
      > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Postfix

      Read the SASL_README document I linked to above.

      Peter
    • Hans Spaans
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
        wietse@... schreef op 2013-07-08 20:36:
        > Dotan Cohen:
        >> > on a related note, as this is for humans to send mail from their mail
        >> > clients, you'll want to configure a proper submission [port 587] service.
        >> > see the commented example in master.cf for a starting point. smtp auth
        >> > should be offered only via the submission service, and not via mx service
        >> > [port 25]. additionally, encryption should be required for submission
        >> > traffic.
        >> >

        >> Are you referring to this:
        >> #smtps inet n - - - - smtpd
        >
        > I think he meant the service called "submission". "smtps" is
        > obsolete, but apparently some software still uses it.

        Firefox OS Simulator 3.0.1 still prefers, read demands it, smtps over
        submission sadly enough. Hopefully they fix it or some helpdesks will
        have a fun time after the release of their first phone.

        Hans