Re: FIlename of the email

  • J Gao
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2013
      On 13-07-08 12:55 PM, J Gao wrote:
      > Hi, All,
      >
      > When my postfix+courier received/sent an email, it will have a file
      > which name like this:
      > 1373311807.V805I31d1928M179657.zeta.veecall.com,S=1456:2,ST
      >
      > Can someone explain to me how to understand this name? I mean for
      > example like the above one, what is the meaning of "1373311807" and
      > "V805I31d1928M179657"?

      I just figured out that the first part of the filename 1373311807 is
      the unix time.

      --
      __
      _|==|_
      >--(`^^')
      (`^'^'`)
      `======'

      believed to be clean.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2013
        On 7/8/2013 2:55 PM, J Gao wrote:
        > Hi, All,
        >
        > When my postfix+courier received/sent an email, it will have a file
        > which name like this:
        > 1373311807.V805I31d1928M179657.zeta.veecall.com,S=1456:2,ST
        >
        > Can someone explain to me how to understand this name? I mean for
        > example like the above one, what is the meaning of "1373311807" and
        > "V805I31d1928M179657"?
        >
        > In the maillog, postfix use mail ID like "C0A3BC258D", is there a
        > relation between this ID and the filename?
        >
        > More interested is the last part of the filename. It seems related
        > with the status of the mail. (Read/Unread/..etc.). Can you explain
        > more on this?
        >
        > Thank you for help.
        >
        > Gao

        There is no relation between the postfix queueid and the final
        filename used for maildir storage.

        For all the mind-numbing details, use your favorite search engine to
        look for "maildir specification".