Re: delivery status notification (DNS)

  • lst_hoe02@...
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2013
      Zitat von Pol Hallen <postfixml@...>:

      > Follow official postfix page (http://www.postfix.org/DSN_README.html) I've:
      >
      > smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps = cidr:/etc/postfix/esmtp_access
      >
      > cat /etc/postfix/esmtp_access
      > # Allow DSN requests from local subnet only
      > 192.168.1.0/24 silent-discard
      > 0.0.0.0/0 silent-discard, dsn
      > ::/0 silent-discard, dsn
      >

      > I've small lan on 192.168.1.0 and all clients uses a single smtp postfix
      > server.
      >
      > On clients, send the emails with "delivery status notification" option.
      >
      > After sent, postfix send me a delivery status notification:
      >
      > Successful Mail Delivery Report
      >
      > but that email is within postfix queue (why I stopped destination over
      > internet smtp server - purpose test).
      >
      > So, my postfix server always send a delivery status notification also if
      > there's a transmission problem.
      >
      > What's the error?

      Do you have a AV scanner or some other after queue content filter? If
      yes postfix is maybe telling you that the message has been transfered
      to this next hop. IMHO you should ditch DSN because no one is
      using/allowing it anyway, so trying to get it right is a fruitless
      effort.

      Regards

      Andreas
    • Pol Hallen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2013
        > Do you have a AV scanner or some other after queue content filter? If
        > yes postfix is maybe telling you that the message has been transfered
        > to this next hop. IMHO you should ditch DSN because no one is
        > using/allowing it anyway, so trying to get it right is a fruitless
        > effort.

        Hello and thanks for reply :-) Yep: I've spamc and now that I think, the
        replied mail is:

        The mail system

        <test@test-domain>: delivery via spamassassin: delivered via spamassassin
        service

        It's correct for postfix (because has delivered message to spamassassin).

        thanks

        Pol
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2013
          Pol Hallen:
          > > Do you have a AV scanner or some other after queue content filter? If
          > > yes postfix is maybe telling you that the message has been transfered
          > > to this next hop. IMHO you should ditch DSN because no one is
          > > using/allowing it anyway, so trying to get it right is a fruitless
          > > effort.
          >
          > Hello and thanks for reply :-) Yep: I've spamc and now that I think, the
          > replied mail is:
          >
          > The mail system
          >
          > <test@test-domain>: delivery via spamassassin: delivered via spamassassin
          > service
          >
          > It's correct for postfix (because has delivered message to spamassassin).

          If you have spamassassin on 127.0.0.1, then add that address to your
          smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps table.