Re: exclude 127.0.0.1 from smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes

  • lists@rhsoft.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 6, 2013
      Am 06.07.2013 15:46, schrieb Pol Hallen:
      > Thanks all for replies :-) I use linux.
      >
      > So, what should be do? I'm confused :-/
      >
      > How clone submission service?

      * /etc/postfix.master.cf
      * copy the submission line
      * change "submission" to 127.0.0.1:588
      * add "-o smtpd_tls_auth_only = no" as param
      * with "-o smtpd_*=value" you can override any config param
      * configure the local client to use port 588 instead the normal 587
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 6, 2013
        On Sat, Jul 06, 2013 at 03:46:48PM +0200, Pol Hallen wrote:

        > So, what should be do? I'm confused :-/
        >
        > How clone submission service?

        I already answered this question, in my original follow-up to
        Wietse's advice, which indeed works on Solaris, and various other
        systems, but not on Linux where wildcard listeners preclude
        per-address listeners on the same port (otherwise an X11 server
        listening on port 6000 may be intercepted by rogue listeners that
        listen on port 6000 at each of the machine's actual interface
        addresses). So the Linux behaviour is actually sensible for a
        change :-)

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 6, 2013
          Viktor Dukhovni:
          > On Sat, Jul 06, 2013 at 03:46:48PM +0200, Pol Hallen wrote:
          >
          > > So, what should be do? I'm confused :-/
          > >
          > > How clone submission service?
          >
          > I already answered this question, in my original follow-up to
          > Wietse's advice, which indeed works on Solaris, and various other
          > systems, but not on Linux where wildcard listeners preclude
          > per-address listeners on the same port (otherwise an X11 server
          > listening on port 6000 may be intercepted by rogue listeners that
          > listen on port 6000 at each of the machine's actual interface
          > addresses). So the Linux behaviour is actually sensible for a
          > change :-)

          I don't buy that argument. If their purpose was to address rogue
          listeners, then they would have compared the UIDs that create the
          sockets.

          As it is now, no user, not even root, can override their own wildcard
          bind with a more specific bind. And that is a bug.

          Wietse
        • Pol Hallen
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 7, 2013
            > As it is now, no user, not even root, can override their own wildcard
            > bind with a more specific bind. And that is a bug.

            thanks all for help! :-)

            I uncannily solved put "may" rather than "encrypted"

            Pol