Re: exclude 127.0.0.1 from smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 5 3:21 PM
      Viktor Dukhovni:
      > On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 04:00:44PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > > Viktor Dukhovni:

      > > > One may then need to make the default submission entry also specify a
      > > > specific IP address, as listeners on 0.0.0.0:port exclude listeners on
      > > > specific addresses on most systems.
      > >
      > > That is not needed. The more specific binding to 127.0.0.1 takes
      > > precedence over the unspecific binding to 0.0.0.0.
      >
      > Linux forbids bindings to 127.0.0.1 when a wildcard binding exists,
      > you're probably testing on a FreeBSD system.

      I know that this behavior (a specific bind prevails over a wild-card
      bind for all interface addresses) pre-dates FreeBSD by many years.
      I see the same behavior on Solaris:

      UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD
      postfix 1249 352 0 18:16:56 ? 0:00 smtpd -n 127.0.0.1:smtp ...
      postfix 1254 352 0 18:17:03 ? 0:00 smtpd -n smtp ...

      Ditto for other interface addresses.

      Wietse
    • Pol Hallen
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 6 6:46 AM
        Thanks all for replies :-) I use linux.

        So, what should be do? I'm confused :-/

        How clone submission service?

        thanks for help

        Pol
      • lists@rhsoft.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 6 8:36 AM
          Am 06.07.2013 15:46, schrieb Pol Hallen:
          > Thanks all for replies :-) I use linux.
          >
          > So, what should be do? I'm confused :-/
          >
          > How clone submission service?

          * /etc/postfix.master.cf
          * copy the submission line
          * change "submission" to 127.0.0.1:588
          * add "-o smtpd_tls_auth_only = no" as param
          * with "-o smtpd_*=value" you can override any config param
          * configure the local client to use port 588 instead the normal 587
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 6 12:47 PM
            On Sat, Jul 06, 2013 at 03:46:48PM +0200, Pol Hallen wrote:

            > So, what should be do? I'm confused :-/
            >
            > How clone submission service?

            I already answered this question, in my original follow-up to
            Wietse's advice, which indeed works on Solaris, and various other
            systems, but not on Linux where wildcard listeners preclude
            per-address listeners on the same port (otherwise an X11 server
            listening on port 6000 may be intercepted by rogue listeners that
            listen on port 6000 at each of the machine's actual interface
            addresses). So the Linux behaviour is actually sensible for a
            change :-)

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 6 3:57 PM
              Viktor Dukhovni:
              > On Sat, Jul 06, 2013 at 03:46:48PM +0200, Pol Hallen wrote:
              >
              > > So, what should be do? I'm confused :-/
              > >
              > > How clone submission service?
              >
              > I already answered this question, in my original follow-up to
              > Wietse's advice, which indeed works on Solaris, and various other
              > systems, but not on Linux where wildcard listeners preclude
              > per-address listeners on the same port (otherwise an X11 server
              > listening on port 6000 may be intercepted by rogue listeners that
              > listen on port 6000 at each of the machine's actual interface
              > addresses). So the Linux behaviour is actually sensible for a
              > change :-)

              I don't buy that argument. If their purpose was to address rogue
              listeners, then they would have compared the UIDs that create the
              sockets.

              As it is now, no user, not even root, can override their own wildcard
              bind with a more specific bind. And that is a bug.

              Wietse
            • Pol Hallen
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 7 9:32 AM
                > As it is now, no user, not even root, can override their own wildcard
                > bind with a more specific bind. And that is a bug.

                thanks all for help! :-)

                I uncannily solved put "may" rather than "encrypted"

                Pol