Forwarding and SMTPS

  • Andrei Fokau
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 2:07 AM
      Hello,

      I am setting up simple email forwarding with Postfix and managed to forward SMTP to Gmail. I have noticed TLS settings in the config and wonder if my forwarding will work for SMTPS as well (with snake oil certs)? How can I test it?

      In the future, I am planning to set up my own mail processor with Lamson (we use Django at work) so I am interested in TLS working not only for forwarding.

      Thanks,
      Andrei
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 3:41 AM
        Andrei Fokau:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I am setting up simple email forwarding with Postfix and managed to forward
        > SMTP to Gmail. I have noticed TLS settings in the config and wonder if my
        > forwarding will work for SMTPS as well (with snake oil certs)? How can I
        > test it?

        To encrypt connections to Gmail:

        /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        # Note: "smtp"
        smtp_tls_security_level = may

        Postfix does not need a client certificate to *send* mail over TLS.

        http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls