Re: STARTTLS only to send ?

  • Felix Rubio Dalmau
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2013
      You have to setup two different services, on the port 25 without AUTH nor TLS
      and on submission port (587) with both AUTH and TLS.

      On Friday 28 June 2013 14:43:16 lists@... wrote:
      > On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:40:05 +0200
      >
      > Frank Bonnet <frank.bonnet@...> wrote:
      > > is it possible to setup one instance of postfix to
      > >
      > > 1 - use submission to let users send ( with STARTTLS )
      > > 2 - receive emails with normal SMTP
      >
      > Yes, that possible. I'm using it on production server.
    • Roel Wagenaar
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 28, 2013
        Frank Bonnet <frank.bonnet@...> wrote:

        > Hello
        >
        > is it possible to setup one instance of postfix to
        >
        > 1 - use submission to let users send ( with STARTTLS )
        > 2 - receive emails with normal SMTP
        >
        > thank you

        A quick searche for "Postfix multiple instabces" will give you a number of sites
        with examples or solutions.

        Google can be your FRIEND.

        --
        Roel Wagenaar,

        Linux-User #469851 with the Linux Counter; http://linuxcounter.net/

        Antw.: Omdat het de volgorde verstoord waarin mensen tekst lezen.
        Vraag: Waarom is top-posting een slechte gewoonte?
        Antw.: Top-posting.
        Vraag: Wat is het meest ergerlijke in e-mail?

        Why be difficult, when with a bit of effort, you can be impossible?
      • Frank Bonnet
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28, 2013
          On 06/28/2013 01:33 PM, Roel Wagenaar wrote:
          > Frank Bonnet <frank.bonnet@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hello
          >>
          >> is it possible to setup one instance of postfix to
          >>
          >> 1 - use submission to let users send ( with STARTTLS )
          >> 2 - receive emails with normal SMTP
          >>
          >> thank you
          >>

          > A quick searche for "Postfix multiple instabces" will give you a number of sites
          > with examples or solutions.
          >
          > Google can be your FRIEND.

          ok it works fine , thanks to all that respond so quickly
        • Jeroen Geilman
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 28, 2013
            On 06/28/2013 01:33 PM, Roel Wagenaar wrote:
            > Frank Bonnet <frank.bonnet@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Hello
            >>
            >> is it possible to setup one instance of postfix to
            >>
            >> 1 - use submission to let users send ( with STARTTLS )
            >> 2 - receive emails with normal SMTP
            >>
            >> thank you
            >>

            > A quick searche for "Postfix multiple instabces" will give you a number of sites
            > with examples or solutions.
            >
            > Google can be your FRIEND.

            Except there is no need to set up multiple instances just to enable mail
            submission.

            Nor is it a good idea to use a random website for instructions. Many of
            them are wrong.

            --
            J.
          • LuKreme
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 28, 2013
              On 28 Jun 2013, at 11:03 , Jeroen Geilman <jeroen@...> wrote:
              > Nor is it a good idea to use a random website for instructions. Many of them are wrong

              You know, that should be front and center in the readme files and the "welcome to the list" message.

              --
              'But you ain't part of it, are you?' said Granny conversationally. 'You
              try, but you always find yourself watchin' yourself watchin' people, eh?