Re: Blacklist IP with a reject message

  • Abhijeet Rastogi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
      Hi Jan,

      Thanks for the reply. I don't want to use file as it'll be hard for me to sync the same file across multiple servers. (Well, I could use nfs etc but I don't want to).

      As Tom suggested, it seems like the good way of doing it. Thanks for that.

      On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Jan P. Kessler <postfix@...> wrote:

      3. I could also write a policy server. Is there already a policy server that's as simple as blocking IPs based on a ACL. But then, I'll have to run a local mysql server also.

      postfwd has an option to use a table, which will be re-read on every request. Look for "lfile" or "ltable" at http://www.postfwd.org/doc.html#files

      id=IPBLOCK
          client_address=lfile:/some/file
          action=REJECT Your ip address has been blocked

      --
      Regards,
      Abhijeet Rastogi (shadyabhi)