Re: /etc/passwd Centos + postfix

  • Dejan Doder
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 25, 2013
      Thank you Helga

      BR

      Dejan

      On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM, <Helga.Mayer@...> wrote:

      ----- Message from Ryan Patrick Fernandez <ryanclaw@...> ---------
         Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:58:32 +0800
         From: Ryan Patrick Fernandez <ryanclaw@...>
      Subject: Re: /etc/passwd Centos + postfix
           To: Dejan Doder <doderde@...>
           Cc: "postfix-users@..." <postfix-users@...>

      On Jun 25, 2013, at 7:22 PM, Dejan Doder <doderde@...> wrote:

      Hi group , I use system users with passwords defined in /etc/passwd.
      How can users change their passwords ?

      Have you got a webmail client ?
      Horde/Imp comes with:

      http://www.horde.org/apps/passwd

      Helga

      BR

      Dejan

      ----- End message from Ryan Patrick Fernandez <ryanclaw@...> -----

    • Thomas Harold
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 25, 2013
        On 6/25/2013 8:31 AM, Dejan Doder wrote:
        > yes I know that , but how users will change passwords by themselves ?

        Long-term, I recommend moving away from local users and towards virtual
        users with the accounts stored in a SQL database. Which lets you use
        things like PostfixAdmin or other database-driven tools.

        It's a lot harder for users to damage the mail server if they don't have
        a login account.