Re: Is this an attack?

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 21, 2013
      On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 09:46:57AM +0300, Andreas Kasenides wrote:
      > On 20-06-2013 19:48, Noel Jones wrote:
      > >You should look into why you're getting temporary lookup
      > >failures in your log. While that probably isn't a security
      > >issue, it is likely reducing your performance and may also
      > >encourage some servers to retry delivery, which multiplies
      > >the number of connections you receive.
      >
      > OK, I hear you, will be upgrading to 2.10 to start using
      > postscreen and look into fixing the temporary failure (4xx)
      > to permanent (5xx) to do away with repeated connections.

      No, you don't seem to understand. (Or maybe you do, but the way you
      worded that is ambiguous.) The temporary lookup failures are a
      problem on your system. That fact was referred to several times in
      this thread, but it was never covered with diagnostic information.

      Find out which lookup fails, when, and why. postmap(1)'s -q option
      helps you test your lookups.