MySQL tables and official documenttation

  • Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
      Dear all,

      Unfortunately, i created my tables according to the older tutorial, i
      search in dovecot.org and postfix.org but i didn't find any official
      documentation for tables.
      I want to use PF 2.10 and dovecot 2.
      Its tutorial was wrote on debian etch. eatch is very old.

      ---mohsen
    • Jeroen Geilman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
        On 06/20/2013 03:04 PM, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
        > Dear all,
        >
        > Unfortunately, i created my tables according to the older tutorial, i
        > search in dovecot.org and postfix.org but i didn't find any official
        > documentation for tables.
        > I want to use PF 2.10 and dovecot 2.
        > Its tutorial was wrote on debian etch. eatch is very old.
        >

        > ---mohsen

        http://www.postfix.org/MYSQL_README.html

        Please avoid using random "tutorials" to configure postfix.
        The ones that are not plain wrong leave you without the requisite
        knowledge to fall back on.

        --
        J.
      • Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
          On Thu, 2013-06-20 at 15:25 +0200, Jeroen Geilman wrote:
          > On 06/20/2013 03:04 PM, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
          > > Dear all,
          > >
          > > Unfortunately, i created my tables according to the older tutorial, i
          > > search in dovecot.org and postfix.org but i didn't find any official
          > > documentation for tables.
          > > I want to use PF 2.10 and dovecot 2.
          > > Its tutorial was wrote on debian etch. eatch is very old.
          > >

          > > ---mohsen
          > >

          > http://www.postfix.org/MYSQL_README.html
          >
          > Please avoid using random "tutorials" to configure postfix.
          > The ones that are not plain wrong leave you without the requisite
          > knowledge to fall back on.

          ‌Already, i read it along with http://www.postfix.org/mysql_table.5.html
          But toghether don't conent tables.

          --mohsen
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
            Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh:
            > > > Unfortunately, i created my tables according to the older tutorial, i
            > > > search in dovecot.org and postfix.org but i didn't find any official
            > > > documentation for tables.

            Postfix does not require any specific table organization. Postfix
            requires only that the table can be queried with the mechanisms
            that are described in mysql_table(5).

            These queries make the translation from the MySQL table to Postfix's
            (name, value) view of the world. As long as the queries produce the
            result that Postfix needs, the underlying table can have any form.