Re: Postfix Content Filter

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
      Prasad R:
      > Thank you Wietse. This is the link I was reading:
      > http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html and forth bullet from the bottom
      > of the page.
      > How can I configure the milter to get access to full content and use it
      > after smtpd_proxy_filter? Any pointers on the documentation?

      Documentation:

      man 5 master
      man 8 smtpd

      Example:

      /etc/postfix/master.cf
      # Before the smtpd-proxy-filter
      smtp ... ... ... ... smtpd
      -o smtpd_proxy_filter=xxx
      # After the smtpd-proxy-filter
      127.0.0.1:10025 ... ... ... ... smtpd
      -o smtpd_milters=yyy

      Wietse
    • Venkat R
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
        Thank you Wieste. Sorry for the repetition but the python or the Java version of the jitler a good option? My use case is very basic so Java is much preferred for milter development if jitler framework work with the postfix.

        Anyone tried Java version of the milter to get full email content with postfox?

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
          Venkat R:
          > Thank you Wieste. Sorry for the repetition but the python or the Java vers
          >-ion of the jitler a good option? My use case is very basic so Java is much p
          >-referred for milter development if jitler framework work with the postfix.

          I wrote Postfix, and don't use every milter in the universe.

          Wietse
        • Sharma, Ashish
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 20, 2013
            Prasad,

            After going through the mail thread, following are my advices for you:

            1. sendmail-jilter (http://sendmail-jilter.sourceforge.net/) works on mail filter protocol, since Postfix also supports mail filter protocol, so it works with Postfix.

            Use following settings in your postfix 'main.cf' for sendmail-jilter to work properly with your Postfix setup:

            #Milter support for smtpd mail
            smtpd_milters =
            inet:localhost:10028

            milter_default_action = reject

            milter_protocol = 2

            You need to launch your mail filter (using sendmail -jilter) to be running on local machine port 10028 (any number you please).

            2. You can use subethasmtp (http://code.google.com/p/subethasmtp/), if you want to use a content filter for the tasks that you have mentioned.

            Use following settings in your postfix 'main.cf':

            content_filter = scan:localhost:10030

            Keep in mind that if you want to re-inject the emails back to postfix, you need to do appropriate settings in your 'master.cf' (refer postfix documentation).

            As a general rule I put relatively less time consuming / lightweight tasks for mail filter while other tasks I put in the content filter.

            Thanks
            Ashish