Re: Investigating iPhone Compatibility

  • Larry Stone
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 17, 2013
      On Jun 17, 2013, at 19:03, Asai <asai@...> wrote:

      >>> So, it's the iPhone which is self-assertively trying to connect to port 25 regardless of what it's explicitly set to?
      >> Works fine for me. I very much doubt your iPhone in question is actually set to use 587 only. IIRC, that is not the default.
      >>
      >> -- Larry Stone
      >> Sent from my iPhone
      > OK, so perhaps just refusing AUTH on port 25 will solve the problem. I've set the Server Port in Outgoing mail settings on iPhone to 587, so I don't really understand what's going on here...

      I doubt it. Based on what you previously posted, Postscreen will reject it long before it gets to an smtpd process.

      I'd suggest you double-check the iPhone configuration. In particular, make sure the outgoing settings you're looking at are the ones actually bring used. You can configure multiple outgoing servers on an iOS device.

      -- Larry Stone
      Sent from my iPhone