Re: Semi-OT: Exchange 2013 SMTP Callout

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2013
      Bernhard Schmidt:
      > This gets even worse when the mail has two recipients ... doesnotexist@
      > does not exist, t1@ does...
      >
      > mail from: <test@...>
      > 250 2.1.0 Sender OK
      > rcpt to: <doesnotexist@...>
      > 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK
      > rcpt to: <t1@...>
      > 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK
      > data
      > 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
      > test
      > .
      > 550 5.1.1 User unknown
      >
      > mail from: <test@...>
      > 250 2.1.0 Sender OK
      > rcpt to: <t1@...>
      > 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK
      > data
      > 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
      > test
      > .
      > 250 2.6.0 <MSGID> [InternalId=2740189134859] Queued mail for delivery
      >
      > This is not only unusable for Recipient validation, but will reject
      > legitimate mail since you cannot reject individual recipients in DATA
      > with SMTP.

      That is really awful. Your gateway will need to use smtp_recipient_limit=1
      for all inbound mail (whether a RAV probe message or not). As for
      people who have to expose their Exchange 2013 server to the Internet
      there is no such workaround.

      Wietse
    • LuKreme
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2013
        On Jun 14, 2013, at 9:10, Bernhard Schmidt <berni@...> wrote:

        > According to this threat:
        >
        > http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrdeploy/thread/91c26fd2-aa0c-4006-9326-ece609bf4f67/
        >
        > this is expected. I can hardly believe that.
        >
        > We do not have in-house experience with 2013 yet. Can anyone shed some light at this?

        I can confirm this is how Exchange 2013 "works".