How to quarantine a mail at milter

  • Ram
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2013
      I am using a custom milter in my postfix to implement policy
      restrictions. If I want to quarantine a mail what should I return

      The milter site explains a function called quarantine
      https://www.milter.org/developers/api/smfi_quarantine

      Do I just make a call to this function in the eom() and the mail will
      get quarantined ? I am not getting any samples of this

      Thanks
      Ram
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2013
        Ram:
        > I am using a custom milter in my postfix to implement policy
        > restrictions. If I want to quarantine a mail what should I return
        >
        > The milter site explains a function called quarantine
        > https://www.milter.org/developers/api/smfi_quarantine
        >
        > Do I just make a call to this function in the eom() and the mail will
        > get quarantined ? I am not getting any samples of this

        https://www.milter.org/developers/api/smfi_quarantine says "Called
        only from xxfi_eom" and "quarantines the message using the given
        reason".

        Postfix puts quarantined messages in the "hold" queue. Except
        of course when you reject the message.