Re: Timeouts sending to a particular server

    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2013
      On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 03:49:44PM +0300, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

      > On 30/5/2013 11:17 ??, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
      >
      > >I usually disable ESMTP when encountering those problems:
      > >transport_maps: cospico.gr noesmtp: noesmtp being defined in
      > >master.cf as: noesmtp unix - - - - - smtp -o
      > >smtp_never_send_ehlo=yes -o smtp_always_send_ehlo=no
      >
      > Thank you Wietse and Ralf for your feedback.

      Note that timeouts in transmission of the *message body* can't be
      addressed by disabling ESMTP pipelining. Once the SMTP client is
      sending the message body only TCP/IP parameters are relevant (window
      scaling, MTU, ...). In some cases subtle bugs in degraded network
      equipment will be evident with some payloads and not others, so
      problems can also be content dependent.