Re: Hook script execution before message has been accepted with code 220?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2013
      Peter Bauer:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I would like that Postfix calls my PHP script before it accepts a
      > message with code 220. So smtpd would get the message, once the
      > sender has sent the command DATA and ., it should then call my PHP
      > script. The script will parse the email content with header and
      > body, so some thing, and if it exits with exit code 0, then smtpd
      > should respond with: 220 OK other exit codes like 1 should produce
      > 550, 2 450 etc.

      Postfix has two ways to hook into the "live" message stream:

      http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_PROXY_README.html
      This is SMTP-based, but Postfix does the hard work for you.

      http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html
      This uses a different protocol.

      It's unlikely that a third hook will be added any time soon.

      Wietse