Re: Error: unsupported dictionary type: ldap

  • lists@...
    Message 1 of 10 , May 24 2:02 AM
      On Fri, 24 May 2013 15:57:46 +0700
      Vit Dua <vitdua@...> wrote:

      > > Have you compiled Postfix with LDAP support?
      >
      > I have built Postfix with:
      >
      > make CCARGS='-DNO_DB'
      > make install

      Start and read from here:
      http://www.postfix.org/INSTALL.html
    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 2 of 10 , May 24 3:00 PM
        Vit Dua skrev den 2013-05-24 09:53:
        > I have compiled postfix 2.10.0 on Ubuntu 12.04.
        > I have re-installed postfix-ldap but no luck.

        if you compile self, its important to compile all needed parts, not
        just to install it

        congrats you make a dependice error now, ldd foo.so files to check

        or you falsy installed in /usr/local with is normal for make install,
        but for packagements is forbidden

        right way of doing it self, is to edit spec files, and build srpm with
        edited spec files, if ubuntu does not make it possible out of the box

      • Charles Marcus
        Message 3 of 10 , May 25 7:41 AM
          On 2013-05-24 3:53 AM, Vit Dua <vitdua@...> wrote:
          Hi all,

          I have compiled postfix 2.10.0 on Ubuntu 12.04.

          When I run 'postfix start', the mail log says:

          May 24 10:31:45 postfix01 postfix/proxymap[11670]: error: unsupported dictionary type: ldap

          I have re-installed postfix-ldap but no luck.

          I have read http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html but cannot find solution there.

          postconf -m output?

          --

          Best regards,

          Charles

          Message 4 of 10 , May 25 7:49 AM
            On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 10:41:02AM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:

            > >I have read http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html but cannot
            > >find solution there.
            >
            > postconf -m output?

            If the OP cannot follow the instructions in LDAP_README to build
            Postfix with LDAP support, the best option is to use pre-compiled
            packages from the distribution maintainer.

            The comment in

            http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html#build

            about Debian applies *only* when the base Postfix package is the
            provided Debian Postfix, not when you build your own Postfix from
            postfix.org source.

          • Chiku
            Message 5 of 10 , May 25 8:00 AM
              Le 25/05/2013 16:49, Viktor Dukhovni a écrit :
              > On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 10:41:02AM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
              >
              >>> I have read http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html but cannot
              >>> find solution there.
              >> postconf -m output?
              > If the OP cannot follow the instructions in LDAP_README to build
              > Postfix with LDAP support, the best option is to use pre-compiled
              > packages from the distribution maintainer.
              >
              > The comment in
              >
              > http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html#build
              >
              > about Debian applies *only* when the base Postfix package is the
              > provided Debian Postfix, not when you build your own Postfix from
              > postfix.org source.

              why don't you install it form package ?
              If you need ldap, just install postfix-ldap package
              http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise-updates/postfix-ldap

              If you really need version 2.10 you can try ppa launchpad
              https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postfix
            • Vit Dua
              Message 6 of 10 , May 26 9:42 PM
                Hi all,