Re: postscreen questions

  • Bill Cole
    Message 1 of 23 , May 23, 2013
      On 23 May 2013, at 10:49, Deeztek Support wrote:

      > On another topic, I had an issue the other day where an outside sender
      > was trying to send e-mail to an internal recipient and their e-mail
      > was getting
      > delayed due to a DNS issue on their end. The exact error was:
      >
      > (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=rotary.org
      > type=MX: Host not found, try again)

      This specific error message is very commonly the result of a resolver
      being tricked by purely local IPv6 existence (i.e. auto-configured
      interfaces and link-local addresses) into trying to query other DNS
      servers over IPv6. All 5 NS records for rotary.org point to names with
      both A and AAAA (IPv6) records, which makes that a plausible root cause.