Re: google outbound SMTP whitelisting

  • Steve Jenkins
    Message 1 of 10 , May 20, 2013
      On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:02 AM, Mike. <the.lists@...> wrote:
      More seriously, if I were to integrate it more closely with postscreen,
      I would want to seriously beef up the error checking within the script.
        I purposely left it to the individual mail admin to decide how, and
      to what extent, to fit gwhitelist.sh into the mail system.

      Simple. Neat. Effective. I've now added gwhitelist it to the crontab on my personal mail server:

      # crontab -l
      @hourly /usr/local/bin/opendkim-reportstats -sendstats > /dev/null #Send OpenDKIM Stats
      0 4 * * * /usr/local/bin/sa_wrapper.sh #SpamAssassin Learning Tasks
      @weekly /usr/bin/wget -q -N -P /etc/postfix http://hardwarefreak.com/fqrdns.pcre #Download Stan's updated PCRE file
      @weekly /usr/local/bin/gwhitelist.sh > /etc/postfix/gmail_whitelist.cidr #Update Google Mail Server Whitelist

      Thx!

      SteveJ
    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 2 of 10 , May 20, 2013
        Steve Jenkins skrev den 2013-05-20 16:31:

        > @weekly /usr/local/bin/gwhitelist.sh >
        > /etc/postfix/gmail_whitelist.cidr #Update Google Mail Server
        > Whitelist

        unsure if postfix self reloads on filechanges ? :/

        if not can postfix do this ?

        Message 3 of 10 , May 20, 2013
          Benny Pedersen:
          > Steve Jenkins skrev den 2013-05-20 16:31:
          >
          > > @weekly /usr/local/bin/gwhitelist.sh >
          > > /etc/postfix/gmail_whitelist.cidr #Update Google Mail Server
          > > Whitelist
          >
          > unsure if postfix self reloads on filechanges ? :/
          >
          > if not can postfix do this ?

          You need "postfix reload after changing cidr maps (and pres, regexp,
          and other files that are processed in their entirety as the map is
          opened).

          Wietse
        • Steve Jenkins
          Message 4 of 10 , May 20, 2013
            On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Benny Pedersen <me@...> wrote:
            Steve Jenkins skrev den 2013-05-20 16:31:

            @weekly /usr/local/bin/gwhitelist.sh >
            /etc/postfix/gmail_whitelist.cidr #Update Google Mail Server Whitelist

            unsure if postfix self reloads on filechanges ? :/

            if not can postfix do this ?

            I wasn't sure either, which is why I added a "postfix reload" as the last line of the gwhitelist.sh script. :)

            SteveJ
          • Benny Pedersen
            Message 5 of 10 , May 21, 2013
              wietse@... skrev den 2013-05-20 19:02:

              > You need "postfix reload after changing cidr maps (and pres, regexp,
              > and other files that are processed in their entirety as the map is
              > opened).

              here i just move cidr maps to postgresql so it does not need to reload
              postfix, but its maybe not all using postgresql, just to note it for
              cron update postfix

              using spf data to dump into cidr is basicly a bit silly in the terms
              its not live data, postscreen could use tables in any postconf -m, its
              only make sense to use cidr for speed reasons imho

            • Benny Pedersen
              Message 6 of 10 , May 21, 2013
                Steve Jenkins skrev den 2013-05-20 19:06:

                > I wasn't sure either, which is why I added a "postfix reload" as the
                > last line of the gwhitelist.sh script. :)

                please respect my signature, if you use multiple sh files to update via
                cron, then you might combine all sh into one cron script and end it all
                with one single postfix reload, if not using postgresql :)