Re: Multiple SMTP Relay for single domain

    Message 1 of 11 , May 18, 2013
      On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 11:24:27AM -0700, Umar Draz wrote:

      > We have created a Frontend software for sending emails, we want to send
      > emails in bulk.
      >
      > From that frontend software we will just pass
      >
      > from address: e.g., mail@...
      > and smtp server: which is definitely our server
      > and to address: (a loop of address around 500,000)
      >
      > Now we want above 500,000 emails should deliver through 4 SMTP relays
      > through our Postfix email server.
      >
      > the from address will be mail@...

      Who operates the SMTP relays? From your earlier description these
      4 four relays have username + password login access, which sounds
      like mail submission services for end-users operated by ISPs, not
      bulk mail delivery services for businesses.

      It would be unwise to try to deliver 500,000 email messages through
      4 user accounts intended for people typing a few email messages a
      day sent to one correspondent or a group of friends.

    • Umar Draz
      Message 2 of 11 , May 18, 2013
        Here is

        postmarkapp.com
        mandrillapp.com
        www.mailjet.com
        mailgun.org

        Now my question is, is this possible? if yes then how?

        Br.

        Umar

        Message 3 of 11 , May 18, 2013
          On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 11:42:30AM -0700, Umar Draz wrote:

          > postmarkapp.com

          http://developer.postmarkapp.com/

          Things You Should Know

          Postmark is for transactional email only. You may not send
          newsletters, announcements to your lists or any other bulk email. If
          you're uncertain if your email qualifies as 'transactional', you can
          always contact support and we'll review your usage.

          > mandrillapp.com
          > www.mailjet.com
          > mailgun.org

          Similar considerations may apply to the others. If you're sending 500,000
          messages at once, that does not sound "transactional" to me.

          > Now my question is, is this possible? if yes then how?

          You can use a different sender address to direct individual messages
          to each of the 4 providers via sender dependent relayhost settings.
          No promises this will work for very long, as most likely your mail
          is spam.

        • Umar Draz
          Message 4 of 11 , May 18, 2013
            So

            I can not use @... for these 4 SMTPs instead I need to do this

            user1@... smtp1.com
            user2@... smtp2.com
            user3@... smtp3.com
            user4@... smtp4.com

            ?

            Br.

            Umar

            Message 5 of 11 , May 18, 2013
              On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 12:16:15PM -0700, Umar Draz wrote:

              > I can not use @... for these 4 SMTPs instead I need to do this
              >
              > user1@... smtp1.com
              > user2@... smtp2.com
              > user3@... smtp3.com
              > user4@... smtp4.com

              Yes. And don't send unsolicited bulk email.

            • Umar Draz
              Message 6 of 11 , May 18, 2013
                Hi Vicktor,

                Thanks for your help.