Re: problem, pass bad header thru amavis and dont quarantine them

  • Marko Weber | ZBF
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17 12:55 AM
      Hi Patrick,

      Am 2013-05-17 00:20, schrieb Patrick Ben Koetter:
      > Marko,
      >
      > * Marko Weber | ZBF <weber@...>:
      > hello,
      >
      > i set in amavid.conf : $final_bad_header_destiny = D_PASS;
      >
      > but in logs i see this lines;
      >
      > May 16 23:22:11 mail amavis[15703]: (15703-13) Passed BAD-HEADER-1
      > {RelayedOpenRelay,Quarantined}, [***.***.***.***] <apache@***.de> ->
      > <rcpt@...>,<kontakt@___.de>, quarantine: h/badh-hee7b1_sjayQ,
      >
      > i want bad header mails to passed thru without quarantining, is my
      > setting above wrong?
      >
      > Forwarding (D_PASS) tells amavis where to route a message to. It does
      > not
      > tell amavis if it should quarantine a message or not. Routing and
      > quarantine
      > are configured separately from each other and Forwarding and Storing
      > into
      > Quarantine may take place at the same time.
      >
      > If you set the following, quarantine for bad headers should be
      > disabled:
      >
      > $bad_header_quarantine_method = undef;
      >
      > BTW: Your log indicates (RelayedOpenRelay) amavis isn't configured
      > correctly
      > to tell message directions. Take a look at
      > <http://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/02/15/e-mail-content-policies-mit-amavis/>
      > and
      > fix your setup.

      I had a look at this page yesterday already as i seen it in a post from
      you to another guy.
      Its not really clear for me at all.
      How are teh virual_domains listed in the file? each line a domain? comma
      seperated? semicolon seperated?

      At all teh page is really nice with very good explained inside
      knowledge. but for me it appears you
      just intorduce informations and dont explain in depth. (huh, my english
      is not the best, it was easier to fon with you :-) .

      For me, with not ultra skill in amavis "examples" would be useful. short
      examples maybe.

      i will try each line a domain and tell you what the logs says.........

      marko

      > p@rick
    • Marko Weber | ZBF
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17 1:02 AM
        Hi Patrick,
        i did it like described in your blog. (bit changed for my structure)

        @local_domains_maps = (
        ".$mydomain",
        read_hash('/etc/postfix/lookups/hash/virtual_domains_amavis')
        ); # list of all local domains
        #
        ### weber stop

        the result in logfile is now:

        May 17 09:57:05 mail amavis[15982]: (15982-01) Passed CLEAN
        {RelayedInbound}, [xxx.xxx.xxxx] <m.weber@_____.de> -> <weber@_____.de>,

        marko

        Am 2013-05-17 00:20, schrieb Patrick Ben Koetter:
        > Marko,
        >
        > * Marko Weber | ZBF <weber@...>:
        > hello,
        >
        > i set in amavid.conf : $final_bad_header_destiny = D_PASS;
        >
        > but in logs i see this lines;
        >
        > May 16 23:22:11 mail amavis[15703]: (15703-13) Passed BAD-HEADER-1
        > {RelayedOpenRelay,Quarantined}, [***.***.***.***] <apache@***.de> ->
        > <rcpt@...>,<kontakt@___.de>, quarantine: h/badh-hee7b1_sjayQ,
        >
        > i want bad header mails to passed thru without quarantining, is my
        > setting above wrong?
        >
        > Forwarding (D_PASS) tells amavis where to route a message to. It does
        > not
        > tell amavis if it should quarantine a message or not. Routing and
        > quarantine
        > are configured separately from each other and Forwarding and Storing
        > into
        > Quarantine may take place at the same time.
        >
        > If you set the following, quarantine for bad headers should be
        > disabled:
        >
        > $bad_header_quarantine_method = undef;
        >
        > BTW: Your log indicates (RelayedOpenRelay) amavis isn't configured
        > correctly
        > to tell message directions. Take a look at
        > <http://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/02/15/e-mail-content-policies-mit-amavis/>
        > and
        > fix your setup.
        >
        > p@rick
      • Patrick Ben Koetter
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17 11:30 AM
          * Marko Weber | ZBF <weber@...>:

          > Hi Patrick,
          > i did it like described in your blog. (bit changed for my structure)
          >
          > @local_domains_maps = (
          > ".$mydomain",
          > read_hash('/etc/postfix/lookups/hash/virtual_domains_amavis')
          > ); # list of all local domains
          > #
          > ### weber stop
          >
          > the result in logfile is now:
          >

          > May 17 09:57:05 mail amavis[15982]: (15982-01) Passed CLEAN
          > {RelayedInbound}, [xxx.xxx.xxxx] <m.weber@_____.de> ->
          > <weber@_____.de>, Message-ID:
          > <zarafa.5195e2d0.0427.2379669854c2b919@...>, mail_id:
          > 5Gj-xCw2MAvK, Hits: -, size: 2449, queued_as: 4C5B4368DCA, 65 ms

          Looks good. Amavis knows which messages are inbound now.

          p@rick

          --
          [*] sys4 AG

          http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64