Re: virtual user (unknown user)

  • Ansgar Wiechers
    Message 1 of 14 , May 16, 2013
      Please keep this conversation on-list. I don't do personal support for
      free.

      On 2013-05-16 Pol Hallen wrote:
      >> Remove that line from /etc/postfix/virtual (don't forget to re-hash
      >> it afterwards) and make sure you have a proper entry for the address
      >> in /etc/postfix/vmailbox.
      >>
      >> All of this is explained rather well in the documentation[1].
      >>
      >> [1] http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html
      >
      > all day to study how resolve this problem but nothing... I read and
      > re-read the link but nothing :-/
      >
      > What I should be?

      I already told you what to do, aside from reading the documentation.
      Have you removed the line from /etc/postfix/virtual? What is the output
      of the following commands:

      postmap -q fred@... hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
      postmap -q fred@... hash:/etc/postfix/vmailbox

      Regards
      Ansgar Wiechers
      --Joel Spolsky
    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 2 of 14 , May 17, 2013
        postfixml@... skrev den 2013-05-16 14:10:

        > fuckaround postfix/local[5595]: ADDFD758237:
        > to=<fred@...>,
        > relay=local, delay=0.06, delays=0.03/0.01/0/0.02, dsn=5.1.1,
        > status=bounced (unknown user: "fred")

        useradd fred

        fred is not yet an unix user :=)

      • Ansgar Wiechers
        Message 3 of 14 , May 18, 2013
          On 2013-05-17 Benny Pedersen wrote:
          > postfixml@... skrev den 2013-05-16 14:10:
          >> fuckaround postfix/local[5595]: ADDFD758237:
          >> to=<fred@...>,
          >> relay=local, delay=0.06, delays=0.03/0.01/0/0.02, dsn=5.1.1,
          >> status=bounced (unknown user: "fred")
          >
          > useradd fred
          >
          > fred is not yet an unix user :=)

          Quoting from the original mail:

          > After read many howto I try to use virtual user.

          He seems to want fred to be a virtual (mailbox) user.

          Regards
          Ansgar Wiechers
          --Joel Spolsky
        • Benny Pedersen
          Message 4 of 14 , May 18, 2013
            Ansgar Wiechers skrev den 2013-05-18 17:27:

            > He seems to want fred to be a virtual (mailbox) user.

            in that case he should not list fuckaround dot org in mydestination,
            but in virtual_mailbox_domains

            Message 5 of 14 , May 18, 2013
              On 2013-05-18 Benny Pedersen wrote:
              > Ansgar Wiechers skrev den 2013-05-18 17:27:
              >> He seems to want fred to be a virtual (mailbox) user.
              >
              > in that case he should not list fuckaround dot org in mydestination,
              > but in virtual_mailbox_domains

              No, he shouldn't. Please carefully re-read his mail. He has a virtual
              mailbox domain nuvolabianca.org and sends mail to fred@....
              His problem is that this address is translated to a (non-existing) local
              mailbox due to a spurious mapping in /etc/postfix/virtual.

              Regards
              Ansgar Wiechers
              --Joel Spolsky