Policy server returns

  • Rod K
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2013
      As I understand it Postfix only allows a single line return from a
      policy server.

      e.g. this is valid:

      REJECT Because I want to\n\n

      but this is not:

      PREPEND X-MYHEADER: this is my added header\nDUNNO\n\n

      If that is the case I want to clarify that a PREPEND or REDIRECT reply
      will result as a DUNNO as far as later processing.

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2013
        Rod K:
        > As I understand it Postfix only allows a single line return from a
        > policy server.
        >
        > e.g. this is valid:
        >
        > REJECT Because I want to\n\n
        >
        > but this is not:
        >
        > PREPEND X-MYHEADER: this is my added header\nDUNNO\n\n

        As documented, the protocol takes one result.

        > If that is the case I want to clarify that a PREPEND or REDIRECT reply
        > will result as a DUNNO as far as later processing.

        Correct. PREPEND is equivalent to DUNNO, as is WARN or any feature
        that makes no final decision (unlike REJECT, OK/PERMIT).