Re: custom content_filter script: set a specific error code and reject the message

    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2013
      nik600:
      > #!/bin/bash
      > EX_TEMPFAIL=75
      > EX_UNAVAILABLE=69
      > echo Mailbox is over size limit; exit $EX_UNAVAILABLE;
      > I only want to change the error-code to 552 5.2.2 (this should be the
      > correct error code, wright?), is possible to do that?

      As documented in the pipe(8) manpage:

      DIAGNOSTICS

      In the case of a non-zero exit status, a limited amount of command out-
      put is reported in an delivery status notification. When the output
      begins with a 4.X.X or 5.X.X enhanced status code, the status code
      takes precedence over the non-zero exit status (Postfix version 2.3 and
      later).

      So instead of

      echo Mailbox is over size limit

      Use

      echo 5.2.2 Mailbox is over size limit

      This status code is defined in RFC 3463:

      X.2.2 Mailbox full

      The mailbox is full because the user has exceeded a per-mailbox
      administrative quota or physical capacity. The general
      semantics implies that the recipient can delete messages to
      make more space available. This code should be used as a
      persistent transient failure.

      These codes have *nothing to do with SMTP* so dont' use the
      three-digit SMTP reply code here.