Postfix configuration

  • robyone
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2013
      I state that are impractical to Ubuntu and Linux.
      I need to configure a mail server on Ubuntu with Webmin and Postfix, but I
      can not figure out how to do the following very simple things.
      My requirement is to create a mail server with one or more domains, and one
      or more e-mail accounts for each domain: I need to activate the
      authentication of outgoing mail via username and password (the same as
      input) and be able to send email from other host on the web, using the mail
      server's host name
      Therefore:
      1. How do I can create a domain? (eg. pippo.com)
      2. How do I can create a mailbox on a domain, with its password? (eg.
      info@...)
      3. How do I set up the server so that it accepts the use SMTP from any PC on
      the web?
      4. How do I set the outgoing mail authentication with the same credentials
      of the incoming? (address as username and password)
      Can someone explain how to do? Preferably via the webmin interface, but
      that's okay also manually editing the configuration file.