Eliminate unnecessary LDAP lookups, by specifying a domain filter but how ?

  • Selcuk Yazar
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2013

      Hi,

      we are using Posfix - OpenLdap structure, in postfix's performance tuning tips

      Eliminate unnecessary LDAP lookups, by specifying a domain filter

      how can do that  ?  i looked up ldap_table but i can't find correct section about it

      thanks in advance
      --
      Selçuk YAZAR
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2013
        Selcuk Yazar:
        > we are using Posfix - OpenLdap structure, in postfix's performance tuning
        > tips
        >
        > Eliminate unnecessary LDAP lookups, by specifying a domain filter
        >
        > how can do that ? i looked up ldap_table but i can't find correct section
        > about it

        I can't give a "ready to cut and paste" example, but the domain
        filter is documented in the ldap_readme(5) manpage. Also at
        http://www.postfix.org/ldap_readme.5.html

        domain (default: no domain list)
        This is a list of domain names, paths to files, or dictionaries.
        When specified, only fully qualified search keys with a *non-
        empty* localpart and a matching domain are eligible for lookup:

        This will discard queries for the "user" and "@domain" forms that
        are documented in the virtual(5) and canonical(5) manpages.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2013
          On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 09:02:24AM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
          > Selcuk Yazar:
          > > we are using Posfix - OpenLdap structure, in postfix's performance tuning
          > > tips
          > >
          > > Eliminate unnecessary LDAP lookups, by specifying a domain filter
          > >
          > > how can do that ? i looked up ldap_table but i can't find correct section
          > > about it
          >
          > I can't give a "ready to cut and paste" example, but the domain
          > filter is documented in the ldap_readme(5) manpage. Also at
          > http://www.postfix.org/ldap_readme.5.html
          >
          > domain (default: no domain list)
          > This is a list of domain names, paths to files, or dictionaries.
          > When specified, only fully qualified search keys with a *non-
          > empty* localpart and a matching domain are eligible for lookup:
          >
          > This will discard queries for the "user" and "@domain" forms that
          > are documented in the virtual(5) and canonical(5) manpages.

          One quick correction the URL is:

          http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html

          and the manpage is ldap_table(5).