Re: Probleme with bounce

  • Reindl Harald
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2013
      Am 03.05.2013 17:51, schrieb Phibee Network Operation Center:
      > we have installed today Postfix and we have a small problems with bounce.
      >
      > All email genered by Postfix, for "Mailbox Unknow" sample, put a blank from:
      >
      > May 3 15:01:27 smtp-1 postfix/qmgr[9482]: EDA7D281D2: from=<>, size=5511, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
      >
      > where i can specify the email address of basic from ?

      you can't and you should read manuals and RFC's

      the bounce sender MUST BE empty to prevent loops with autoresponders
      or in case the target of the bounce itself would bounce again
    • Ralf Hildebrandt
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2013
        * Phibee Network Operation Center <noc@...>:
        > Hi
        >
        > we have installed today Postfix and we have a small problems with bounce.
        >
        > All email genered by Postfix, for "Mailbox Unknow" sample, put a blank from:
        >
        > May 3 15:01:27 smtp-1 postfix/qmgr[9482]: EDA7D281D2: from=<>,
        > size=5511, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
        >
        > where i can specify the email address of basic from ?

        Nowhere, since the empty sender MUST be used for bounces (because
        other wise bounces might bounce!)
        --
        [*] sys4 AG

        http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
        Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

      • Ralf Hildebrandt
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2013
          * Phibee Network Operation Center <noc@...>:
          > Hi
          >
          > we have installed today Postfix and we have a small problems with bounce.
          >
          > All email genered by Postfix, for "Mailbox Unknow" sample, put a blank from:
          >
          > May 3 15:01:27 smtp-1 postfix/qmgr[9482]: EDA7D281D2: from=<>,
          > size=5511, nrcpt=1 (queue active)

          Your error is to accept mail to non-existing local recipients! Depending
          on your setup (show postconf -n output!) you merely need to configure
          local_recipient_maps correctly.