Re: attachments on bounce messages generated by postfix

  • Reindl Harald
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2, 2013
      Am 02.05.2013 21:16, schrieb Charles Marcus:
      >> stoneold yes, but unsupported not really
      >
      > Unsupported according to the postfix site...

      says who?

      >> [root@vmware-recovery:~]$ rpm -qa | grep postfix
      >> postfix-2.3.3-6.el5
      >>
      >> rpm -q --changelog postfix
      >> * Tue Jul 03 2012 Jaroslav Škarvada<jskarvad@...> - 2:2.3.3-6
      >
      > So he should have asked on the redhat list...

      you genius realized that the question was answered before your post?
      so why you needed to post 12 hours after the solution?

      -------- Original-Nachricht --------
      Betreff: Re: attachments on bounce messages generated by postfix
      Datum: Thu, 2 May 2013 12:13:45 +1200
      Von: Ben WIlliams <benwilliams@...>
      An: postfix-users@...

      Thanks that fixed it.

      On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-users@... <mailto:postfix-users@...>>
      wrote:

      On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 10:31:43AM +1200, Ben WIlliams wrote:

      > Please can someone help me understand how to configure what is attached to
      > bounce messages.
      >
      > The version is postfix 2.3.3. Originally it only attached the message
      > headers of the failed email with Content-Description: Undelivered Message
      > Headers
      >
      > Now it attaches the entire failed email with Content-Description:
      > Undelivered Message
      >
      > I would like to revert to the previous behaviour where only the headers are
      > attached to the bounce.

      This depends on the message size and the bounce size limit.

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#bounce_size_limit

      If you set

      bounce_size_limit = 1

      bounces will only include headers (no rfc822 message fits in a
      single byte). Postfix does not permit setting the limit to zero or less.
      Message 2 of 11 , May 2, 2013
        On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 03:16:28PM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:

        > >stoneold yes, but unsupported not really
        >
        > Unsupported according to the postfix site...
        >
        > >[root@vmware-recovery:~]$ rpm -qa | grep postfix
        > >postfix-2.3.3-6.el5
        > >
        > >rpm -q --changelog postfix
        > >* Tue Jul 03 2012 Jaroslav ?karvada<jskarvad@...> - 2:2.3.3-6
        >
        > So he should have asked on the redhat list...

        Let's not engage in sophistry. More to the point even if Redhat
        continue to fix some bugs in Postfix 2.3, other issues are resolved
        in later releases through structural improvements that are difficult
        to backport. MTA administrators should deploy Postfix releases
        that are still supported upstream (http://www.postfix.org/download.html).

      • Charles Marcus
        Message 3 of 11 , May 2, 2013
          On 2013-05-02 3:24 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote:
          > Am 02.05.2013 21:16, schrieb Charles Marcus:
          >> Unsupported according to the postfix site..

          > says who?

          Wietse?

          ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/index.html

          Scroll down, genius. The 'no longer supported stable releases' start
          with 2.6.
        • Reindl Harald
          Message 4 of 11 , May 2, 2013
            Am 02.05.2013 21:30, schrieb Charles Marcus:
            > On 2013-05-02 3:24 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote:
            >> Am 02.05.2013 21:16, schrieb Charles Marcus:
            >>> Unsupported according to the postfix site..
            >
            >> says who?
            >
            > Wietse?
            >
            > ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/index.html
            > Scroll down, genius. The 'no longer supported stable releases' start with 2.6

            tht's all true and fine

            but who are you creeping out of your whole 12 hours after
            one of the postfix maintainers had a simple solution with
            a one-liner to tell the world what is supported or not?
            Message 5 of 11 , May 2, 2013
              On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 09:33:56PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

              > Am 02.05.2013 21:30, schrieb Charles Marcus:
              > >
              > >> says who?
              > >
              > > Wietse?
              > >
              > > ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/index.html
              > > Scroll down, genius. The 'no longer supported stable releases' start with 2.6
              >
              > tht's all true and fine
              >
              > but who are you creeping out of your whole 12 hours after
              > one of the postfix maintainers had a simple solution with
              > a one-liner to tell the world what is supported or not?

              Guys please take your fight outside, thanks. Offenders will be
              removed from the list.