Solution for Store in Virtual then Transport

  • Newton Pasqualini Filho
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2013
      Dear List,

      I am facing some trouble to find a way to get a solution running.

      We have here two mail servers, one to serve PCs and another to serve Mobile devices.

      The first is the primary and setter as MX for the domain, the second in only a secondary store server, that will give mobile devices work.

      I am facing some difficult to get this running, I tried to make an entry into "transport" file, over the first server, like this:
      domain.com :
      smtp:mobile.domain.com

      The desire is to postfix store the message into maildir then, transport that to the secondary server.

      But it is not transporting to secondary server, only store local, and I could not find another way to do that.

      Appreciate any help!

      Best regards!
      Newton Pasqualini Filho

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2013
        On 4/30/2013 7:20 PM, Newton Pasqualini Filho wrote:
        > Dear List,
        >
        > I am facing some trouble to find a way to get a solution running.
        >
        > We have here two mail servers, one to serve PCs and another to serve
        > Mobile devices.
        >
        > The first is the primary and setter as MX for the domain, the second
        > in only a secondary store server, that will give mobile devices work.
        >
        > I am facing some difficult to get this running, I tried to make an
        > entry into "transport" file, over the first server, like this:
        > domain.com <http://domain.com/>:
        > smtp:mobile.domain.com
        >
        > The desire is to postfix store the message into maildir then,
        > transport that to the secondary server.

        Each recipient is delivered exactly once. For multiple deliveries,
        add more recipients.

        Add entries to virtual_alias_maps.

        # virtual_alias_maps
        user1@... user1@... user1@...
        user2@... user2@... user2@...
        ... new entry for each user ...

        -- Noel Jones

        > But it is not transporting to secondary server, only store local,
        > and I could not find another way to do that.
        >
        > Appreciate any help!
        >
        > Best regards!
        > Newton Pasqualini Filho
        > newtonpasqualini@... <mailto:newtonpasqualini@...>

      • Newton Pasqualini Filho
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2013
          Tks for the reply!

          But in my case I have the same domain and 2 servers to store the same messages.

          There is no way to do that?

          Best Regards!
          Newton Pasqualini Filho
          newtonpasqualini@...

          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2013
            Use smtp_generic_maps to rewrite mobile.example.com to example.com
            during delivery to the second server.
            http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#generic