Setup MX backup serve

  • renato@...
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28 5:16 PM

      Hi All,

      I am tring setup one MX backup server! And I need help!

      For sample, I have 2 MX:

      10 mail.mydomain.net
      20 mail.backup.mydomain.net

      In my main server (10) I have this on main.cf

      myhostname = mail.mydomain.net

      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases

      alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases

      myorigin = /etc/mailname

      mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain, mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain

      How I should configure Backup MX serve. I did try this, but don’t work!

      In my backup server (20) I have this on main.cf

      myhostname = mail.backup.dokmail.net
      mydomain = mydomain.net
      myorigin = $mydomain
      inet_interfaces = all
      mydestination = mail.backup.mydomain.net
      relay_domains = mydomain.net, $mydestination
      relay_recipient_maps =
      queue_run_delay = 200s
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = current_restrictions,  permit_mx_backup
      myhostname=mail.backup.mydomain.net
      relay_domains= mydomain.net, $mydestination
      transport_maps=mydomain.net smtp:mail.mydomain.net:25

      What is wrong? How I can fix? How I can see messages in backup server? and test if it is working and relay messages to primary (when it up again!)?

      Thanks for help!

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28 5:36 PM

        http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#backup