Re: OT - mail archive

  • grarpamp
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
      > re: the last two posts

      I must admit giving yourself the local equivalent
      of your own lifetime email account is an interesting
      approach if you don't really need access to the raw
      message files on disk.
    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 27, 2013
        Am 27.04.2013 04:32, schrieb grarpamp:

        >> pff and you realized that the "not a file per message" is
        >> exactly the solution for problems with tens thousands of
        >
        > It is *a* solution, not *the* solution, and obviously not one
        > of the type I describes. And a fine pff to you my friend.

        boy you replied to "Faster disks don't solve algorithmic problems
        (problems related to the number of files per directory)" with
        "And mdbox does not support one message per file"

        no it is not *the* solution, but "does not support one message
        püer file is pure bullshit in this context because it is what
        you want
      • grarpamp
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 27, 2013
          >> specified out there that applications could utilize...
          >> where n is your split width... tmp/n, new/n, cur/n.

          > it is what you want

          No, actually right up there is what I was surveying.
          But you failed to grok that in your search for more pfft.
          I'm sure it's a nice day, go outside :)
        • Reindl Harald
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 27, 2013
            Am 27.04.2013 23:03, schrieb grarpamp:
            >>> specified out there that applications could utilize...
            >>> where n is your split width... tmp/n, new/n, cur/n.
            >
            >> it is what you want
            >
            > No, actually right up there is what I was surveying.
            > But you failed to grok that in your search for more pfft.
            > I'm sure it's a nice day, go outside :)

            maybe you should learn how to use a mail-client and quote
            before you post to a mail-server list - your answer above
            makes no sense at all in context of the thread