Multiple owners in smtpd_sender_login_maps

  • Ram
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2013
      I have a requirement of 2 different users using the same sender email
      address

      I found a very old patch for doing this in postfix.
      http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.devel/4

      Is this patch still the only way of doing multiple owners

      Thanks
      Ram
    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2013
        Am 19.04.2013 10:44, schrieb Ram:
        > I have a requirement of 2 different users using the same sender email address
        >
        > I found a very old patch for doing this in postfix.
        > http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.devel/4
        >
        > Is this patch still the only way of doing multiple owners

        why does this need a patch?

        we are doing this since years with a mysql-table and the query returns
        a list of allowed login-names
        smtpd_sender_login_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-senderaccess.cf

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html
        In all cases the result of table lookup must be either "not found" or a
        list of SASL login names separated by comma and/or whitespace
      • lst_hoe02@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19, 2013
          Zitat von Ram <ram@...>:

          > I have a requirement of 2 different users using the same sender
          > email address
          >
          > I found a very old patch for doing this in postfix.
          > http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.devel/4
          >
          > Is this patch still the only way of doing multiple owners

          Not sure why you like to patch. From the documentation:

          In all cases the result of table lookup must be either "not found" or
          a list of SASL login names separated by comma and/or whitespace

          So simply doing

          localpart@mailaddress login-name1, login-name2

          in the lookup table should do the trick.

          Regards

          Andreas