Re: Emails getting piped to the wrong Virtual Domain

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
      Dan Clovis:
      > Apr 18 15:44:06 companycoServer1 postfix/local[15179]: 5F6A214EE1B4: to=<
      > dan@...>, orig_to=<dan@...>, relay=local, delay=0.35,
      > delays=0.29/0/0/0.06, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command:
      > procmail -a "$EXTENSION")

      Wietse:
      > If the address rewriting from dan@... to dan@...
      > is now what you want, then do not specify such a mapping in
      > virtual_alias_maps.
      > myorigin = /etc/mailname
      > virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf,
      > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
      >
      > With virtual_alias_maps queries, be sure to return user@domain as the
      > result value, not a bare username. Otherwise, Postfix will append the
      > myorigin value.

      Dan Clovis:
      > I followed the howto to install - I'm guessing it would have worked if I
      > left it as default. But the only changes I made was to add an
      > additional field for username, so that usernames could be independent of
      > emails (as per customer requirements)... I wonder if this has broken
      > something between Dovecot and Postfix... Any further assistance would
      > be greatly appreciated...

      See http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html

      First implement the database with hash: files. Then test with
      "postmap -q" all the queries that are described in the virtual(5)
      manpage, and don't proceed unless that looks right.

      Then, implement the database with mysql: files. Your job now is to
      get the same same query results the queries that you got with hash:
      files.

      If you don't know what the queries and replies should look like,
      then you need help there, first. Maybe someone else on the list
      has time to walk you through the steps.

      Wietse
    • Dan Clovis
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 19, 2013
        On 18/04/2013 19:05, Wietse Venema wrote:
        > Dan Clovis:
        >> Apr 18 15:44:06 companycoServer1 postfix/local[15179]: 5F6A214EE1B4: to=<
        >> dan@...>, orig_to=<dan@...>, relay=local, delay=0.35,
        >> delays=0.29/0/0/0.06, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command:
        >> procmail -a "$EXTENSION")
        > Wietse:
        >> If the address rewriting from dan@... to dan@...
        >> is now what you want, then do not specify such a mapping in
        >> virtual_alias_maps.
        >> myorigin = /etc/mailname
        >> virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf,
        >> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
        >>
        >> With virtual_alias_maps queries, be sure to return user@domain as the
        >> result value, not a bare username. Otherwise, Postfix will append the
        >> myorigin value.
        > Dan Clovis:
        >> I followed the howto to install - I'm guessing it would have worked if I
        >> left it as default. But the only changes I made was to add an
        >> additional field for username, so that usernames could be independent of
        >> emails (as per customer requirements)... I wonder if this has broken
        >> something between Dovecot and Postfix... Any further assistance would
        >> be greatly appreciated...
        > See http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html
        >
        > First implement the database with hash: files. Then test with
        > "postmap -q" all the queries that are described in the virtual(5)
        > manpage, and don't proceed unless that looks right.
        >
        > Then, implement the database with mysql: files. Your job now is to
        > get the same same query results the queries that you got with hash:
        > files.
        >
        > If you don't know what the queries and replies should look like,
        > then you need help there, first. Maybe someone else on the list
        > has time to walk you through the steps.
        >
        > Wietse
        Ave Maria!

        Wietse - can I do both emails and usernames with different values... If
        that works - then I shall proceed...

        God Bless