How bounce mail with error

  • Pol Hallen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013
      Hi all!

      Almost configured postfix on my lan, I can't discover how bounce mail
      when the size attachments is too big to destination server.

      i.e. I send an email with attachments 30Mb to @..., @...

      by mailq I see the error: destination server can't accept that mail
      because the attachments is too big.

      I need that postfix bounce that mail to sender of mail. Otherwise, my
      users can't known if email is correct sent.

      any idea?

      thanks!

      Pol
    • Pol Hallen

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013
          Am 17.04.2013 14:46, schrieb Pol Hallen:
          > Almost configured postfix on my lan, I can't discover how bounce mail
          > when the size attachments is too big to destination server.
          >
          > i.e. I send an email with attachments 30Mb to @..., @...
          >
          > by mailq I see the error: destination server can't accept that mail
          > because the attachments is too big.
          >
          > I need that postfix bounce that mail to sender of mail. Otherwise, my
          > users can't known if email is correct sent.
          >
          > any idea?

          it DOES bounce if it can not be delivered
          how do you come to the conclusion that it does not?
          why did you not post specific log records?