Report rejected message

  • kandy kandy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
      Can I receive an email every time I have a rejection ?
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2013
        On 4/16/2013 1:12 AM, kandy kandy wrote:
        > Can I receive an email every time I have a rejection ?

        Postfix can't do this by itself, but you can configure an external
        process to send a notice based on log events.

        fail2ban could be pretty easily convinced to do this.

        But I fail to see any benefit of an email announcing that an email
        was blocked.

        If you're concerned about false positives, turn off the anti-spam
        controls and filter in your mail client. If you want to see what was
        rejected, examine the logs ("grep 'reject: ' /var/log/maillog |
        less" works well enough for small logs) or use a log analysis tool
        such as pflogsumm.pl or postfix-logwatch.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2013
          Noel Jones:
          > On 4/16/2013 1:12 AM, kandy kandy wrote:
          > > Can I receive an email every time I have a rejection ?
          >
          > Postfix can't do this by itself, but you can configure an external
          > process to send a notice based on log events.

          It can with notify_classes, but you really don't want to get one
          email for every rejected message, considering the volume of spam.

          I recommend Noel's suggestion for logfile analysis or client-side
          filtering.

          Wietse