Re: Logging SMTPD ports

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2013
      On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 06:12:02PM +0100, Robert Sharp wrote:

      > I have postfix set up with smtpd processes on three ports: 25 for
      > the wild world out there, 587 for submission from local users and
      > other MTAs on the LAN, and 10025 for re-injection from amavis. I am
      > doing some log analysis and I think it would be really, really
      > helpful if smtpd could log its port. That way I can easily
      > distinguish between message threads without trying second passes
      > based on message or queue IDs. I would imagine it is a fairly easy
      > thing to implement? Can it be done through some setting somewhere
      > that I have not yet found?

      Two front-end instances (inside input, outside input) plus one
      back-end instance (post-amavis re-injection output). Trust me,
      this is much better than mere logging of input ports.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2013
        Viktor Dukhovni:
        > On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 06:12:02PM +0100, Robert Sharp wrote:
        >
        > > I have postfix set up with smtpd processes on three ports: 25 for
        > > the wild world out there, 587 for submission from local users and
        > > other MTAs on the LAN, and 10025 for re-injection from amavis. I am
        > > doing some log analysis and I think it would be really, really
        > > helpful if smtpd could log its port. That way I can easily
        > > distinguish between message threads without trying second passes
        > > based on message or queue IDs. I would imagine it is a fairly easy
        > > thing to implement? Can it be done through some setting somewhere
        > > that I have not yet found?
        >
        > http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html
        >
        > Two front-end instances (inside input, outside input) plus one
        > back-end instance (post-amavis re-injection output). Trust me,
        > this is much better than mere logging of input ports.

        Otherwise, this example may help:

        submission inet n - n - - smtpd
        -o syslog_name=postfix/submission
        smtps inet n - n - - smtpd

[...]