Re: Multiple recipient_delimiter address extensions?

  • grarpamp
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 10, 2013
      hi. i've briefly reviewed some of this posted work and it seems reasonable.
      and refreshing to see work come from my simple query. so give the new
      option a go as best seen fit! thanks.
    • Jeroen Geilman
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
        On 04/05/2013 08:17 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
        > /dev/rob0:
        >>
        >> Thanks. A very minor complaint is that you have always been very
        >> consistent IIRC regarding plural and singular in parameter names, but
        >> now "recipient_delimiter" can be multiple characters. :) (I do
        > Yes and no. Postfix still supports only one user/extension separator
        > per address.
        >
        > A feature name that contains the word "delimiters" would send the
        > message that Postfix supports "multiple delimiters" within an address.

        $recipient_delimiter_alternatives ?

        --
        J.
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 11, 2013
          Jeroen Geilman:
          > On 04/05/2013 08:17 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
          > > /dev/rob0:
          > >>
          > >> Thanks. A very minor complaint is that you have always been very
          > >> consistent IIRC regarding plural and singular in parameter names, but
          > >> now "recipient_delimiter" can be multiple characters. :) (I do
          > > Yes and no. Postfix still supports only one user/extension separator
          > > per address.
          > >
          > > A feature name that contains the word "delimiters" would send the
          > > message that Postfix supports "multiple delimiters" within an address.
          >
          > $recipient_delimiter_alternatives ?

          That is better. After working through feature update, I noticed
          that the delimiter is also applied to sender addresses, so I am
          declined to replace the recipient_ portion.

          Perhaps this is a path into the future:

          recipient_delimiter
          This is no longer a main.cf parameter. It is used only in the
          $forward_path, where it expands into the user/extension separator
          that was found in the recipient email address.

          address_delimiter_alternatives (default: $recipient_delimiter)
          This is a new main.cf parameter, containing the set of characters
          that may separate a user name from an address extension (user+foo)
          in a sender or recipient address. The default setting maintains
          backwards compatibility fo rexisting configurations.