Re: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from ... 454 4.7.1 Relay access denied

  • Indiana Jones
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2013
      Hi,
      Thank you for your input!

      I need Postfix to receive all messages sent to all users of mhm.lv and deliver them locally to the
      mail users of the same domain!

      I have these particular configurations in my /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf

      mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain,
             mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain, ftp.$mydomain

      relay_domains = $mydestination

      relayhost = $mydomain

      Please be so kind as to specifically advise as what I should do, for I am brand new to Postfix :)!

      Thanks,
      Adam

      Quoting Noel Jones <njones@...>:
      On 4/8/2013 8:30 PM, Indiana Jones wrote:
      > Dear Sirs,
      >
      > From these error messages below, could you possibly advise what the
      > reason might be that
      > I am not able to receive messages into my Postfix-Dovecot mail server!
      >
      > OS: FreeBSD 9.1
      > Postfix 2.9.5,1
      > Dovecot 1.2.17
      >

      > /var/log/maillog:
      > Apr 9 02:44:35 mail postfix/smtpd[38430]: connect from
      > shark2.inbox.lv[89.111.3.82]
      >

      > Apr 9 02:44:35 mail postfix/smtpd[38430]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
      > shark2.inbox.lv[89.111.3.82]: 454 4.7.1 <adam@...>: Relay access
      > denied; from=<indiana99@...> to=<adam@...> proto=ESMTP
      > helo=<shark2.inbox.lv>

      A little context would help...

      If this is supposed to be accepted and delivered locally, the
      problem is that postfix doesn't know it's responsible for the mhm.lv
      domain.
      and possibly
      http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#mydestination

      If this is supposed to be relayed to a third-party site, see:
      http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#relay_from
      and possibly
      http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

      If you need more help, please explain what you want postfix to do
      with the message.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2013
        On 4/9/2013 3:46 AM, Indiana Jones wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Thank you for your input!
        >
        > I need Postfix to receive all messages sent to all users of mhm.lv
        > and deliver them locally to the
        > mail users of the same domain!

        If these users are local system accounts, add the domain to
        mydestination.
        http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html
        or possibly:
        http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html

        > I have these particular configurations in my
        > /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf
        >
        > mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain,
        > mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain, ftp.$mydomain
        >
        > relay_domains = $mydestination

        You probably want the above parameter set empty, like this:
        relay_domains =

        > relayhost = $mydomain

        If all your mail should be delivered through a smarthost, usually
        you set the above with "[ ]" brackets, like this:
        relayhost = [smtp.example.com]

        > Please be so kind as to specifically advise as what I should do, for
        > I am brand new to Postfix :)!

        Documentation is here: