Re: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from ... 454 4.7.1 Relay access denied

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2013
      On 4/8/2013 8:30 PM, Indiana Jones wrote:
      > Dear Sirs,
      >
      > From these error messages below, could you possibly advise what the
      > reason might be that
      > I am not able to receive messages into my Postfix-Dovecot mail server!
      >
      > OS: FreeBSD 9.1
      > Postfix 2.9.5,1
      > Dovecot 1.2.17
      >

      > /var/log/maillog:
      > Apr 9 02:44:35 mail postfix/smtpd[38430]: connect from
      > shark2.inbox.lv[89.111.3.82]
      >

      > Apr 9 02:44:35 mail postfix/smtpd[38430]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
      > shark2.inbox.lv[89.111.3.82]: 454 4.7.1 <adam@...>: Relay access
      > denied; from=<indiana99@...> to=<adam@...> proto=ESMTP
      > helo=<shark2.inbox.lv>

      A little context would help...

      If this is supposed to be accepted and delivered locally, the
      problem is that postfix doesn't know it's responsible for the mhm.lv
      domain.
      and possibly
      http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#mydestination

      If this is supposed to be relayed to a third-party site, see:
      http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#relay_from
      and possibly
      http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

      If you need more help, please explain what you want postfix to do
      with the message.

      -- Noel Jones
    • Indiana Jones
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2013
        Hi,
        Thank you for your input!

        I need Postfix to receive all messages sent to all users of mhm.lv and deliver them locally to the
        mail users of the same domain!

        I have these particular configurations in my /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf

        mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain,
               mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain, ftp.$mydomain

        relay_domains = $mydestination

        relayhost = $mydomain

        Please be so kind as to specifically advise as what I should do, for I am brand new to Postfix :)!

        Thanks,
        Adam

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2013
          On 4/9/2013 3:46 AM, Indiana Jones wrote:
          > Hi,
          > Thank you for your input!
          >
          > I need Postfix to receive all messages sent to all users of mhm.lv
          > and deliver them locally to the
          > mail users of the same domain!

          If these users are local system accounts, add the domain to
          mydestination.
          http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html
          or possibly:
          http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html

          > I have these particular configurations in my
          > /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf
          >
          > mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain,
          > mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain, ftp.$mydomain
          >
          > relay_domains = $mydestination

          You probably want the above parameter set empty, like this:
          relay_domains =

          > relayhost = $mydomain

          If all your mail should be delivered through a smarthost, usually
          you set the above with "[ ]" brackets, like this:
          relayhost = [smtp.example.com]

          > Please be so kind as to specifically advise as what I should do, for
          > I am brand new to Postfix :)!

          Documentation is here: