Re: trying to get STARTTLS working

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2013
      On 04/05/2013 01:10 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Postfix logs all errors! You just have to read it.

      David Benfell:
      > And I had been scouring journalctl -b trying to find them. They
      > weren't there. This is running under systemd--and no, I'm not
      > entirely thrilled with the logging.

      Wietse:
      > Look at /var/log/maillog*

      David Benfell:
      > Yup. It doesn't exist:
      >
      > munich# ls -al /var/log

      Postfix logs are the first place to look when some email isn't
      delivered.

      It may be worthwhile to generate some records by hand
      and see where things end up:

      $ logger -p mail.info -t postfix/whatever some text here...

      This should be filed in the same place as Postfix logging.